CLASH OF THE TITANS - Movie review

  • scifimoviepage
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
      Our reviewer says that CG special effects in the Clash of the Titans review are dated the moment they appear on screen . . .

      You can read his full review below:

      http://www.scifimoviepage.com/clash_2010.html

      - James O'Ehley
      Webmaster, the Sci-Fi Movie Page
      (www.scifimoviepage.com)
    • Lorne Yacuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
        I read the review about Clash of the Titans and found one comment extremely confusing,viz:

        The remake follows the fundamental flow of the original (Perseus battles many monsters while the gods on Mount Olympus bicker amongst themselves) and updates the now dated but personality-filled special effects with CG ones that are dated the moment they appear on screen.

        This film is a remake. If the original is
        dated", and the new film follows the original, then in a trivial sense, the new CG special effects are "dated" by definition. I just don't understand how this phrase makes any sense. Please help

        Lorne
        Our reviewer says that CG special effects in the Clash of the Titans review are dated the moment they appear on screen . . .

        You can read his full review below:

        http://www.scifimoviepage.com/clash_2010.html

        - James O'Ehley
        Webmaster, the Sci-Fi Movie Page
        (www.scifimoviepage.com)

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4989 (20100331) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4992 (20100401) __________

        http://www.eset.com

      • Bill B.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
          At 10:06 AM -0600 4/1/10, Lorne Yacuk wrote:
          >I read the review about Clash of the Titans and found one comment extremely confusing,viz:

          Golly, it has been years since I've used viz. (more properly with a period and italicized, it being an abbreviation). My early web-friends didn't understand. Perhaps I will return to my old habit.

          I wish they would do the Perseus myth properly and seriously.

          Bill B.