Re: [science-fiction] Re:TV show that would work.

  • John Leister
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
      What's "Eleventh Hour" about?

      John
    • Bill B.
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
        At 7:33 PM -0800 2/28/09, Brent wrote:
        > I think a new "Flash Gorden" now could, I repeat, could, be good (but who would do the sound track).

        Would that they would make movies without sound but speech and foley fx. I really get sick of music trying to tell me how I am supposed to feel. Yuk to sentimentality.

        BB
      • John Leister
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
          I wish some movies would not have sound effects, like big space battles
          should in fact be silent except for those on the battling ships, but if
          we're
          viewing the ships from outside there should be no sound....

          John
        • Bill B.
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2009
            That does not bother me as much as crazy action or romance music. Can the music. The rest is artistic license.

            BB

            At 12:44 AM +1030 3/2/09, John Leister wrote:
            >I wish some movies would not have sound effects, like big space battles
            >should in fact be silent except for those on the battling ships, but if
            >we're
            >viewing the ships from outside there should be no sound....
          • Brent
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
              >>What's "Eleventh Hour" about?
              >>John

              A Brilliant scientist that works for the FBI as a special adviser.  He's paired up with a female special agent.  Basically it a low-key X-files.  It's on CBS Thursdays 10PM EST.

              -Brent

            • dizzheart@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
                In a message dated 3/2/2009 12:32:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                king.brent@... writes:

                >>What's "Eleventh Hour" about?
                >>John

                A Brilliant scientist that works for the FBI as a special adviser. He's
                paired up with a female special agent. Basically it a low-key X-files. It's
                on CBS Thursdays 10PM EST.

                -Brent >>

                The original is British -- Patrick Steward played Dr Ian Hood in 4 90-minute
                shows. They're out on DVD. I think they're better drama than the US
                version, and the settings are more interesting to me. Stewart is excellent as
                always.

                Janice

              • Jeff
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
                  For the Dr. Who and Blake's 7 series they did that.

                  JP

                  --- In sciencefictiongroup@yahoogroups.com, John Leister
                  <aviannix37@...> wrote:

                  > I wish some movies would not have sound effects, like big space
                  battles
                  > should in fact be silent except for those on the battling ships,
                  but if
                  > we're
                  > viewing the ships from outside there should be no sound....
                  >

                  > John
                  02/27/09 13:27:00

                • dizzheart@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
                    <aviannix37@...> wrote:

                    > I wish some movies would not have sound effects, like big space
                    battles
                    > should in fact be silent except for those on the battling ships,
                    but if
                    > we're
                    > viewing the ships from outside there should be no sound.... >>>

                    It's much spookier when you see an utterly silent long view of a battle in
                    space and then you are inside the individual ships hearing the pounding
                    explosions. The contrast somehow brings out the horror of it all much more.

                    Janice

                  • Douglas Green
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
                      BSG did that farily well, only muffled sounds of Vipers firing, as might be heard from inside the cockpit. The average viewer needs that senosry input to give the scene more reality, even though the reality is it would be totally silent as you say.

                      Doug

                      > I wish some movies would not have sound effects, like big space
                      battles
                      > should in fact be silent except for those on the battling ships,
                      but if
                      > we're
                      > viewing the ships from outside there should be no sound.... >>>

                      It's much spookier when you see an utterly silent long view of a battle in
                      space and then you are inside the individual ships hearing the pounding
                      explosions. The contrast somehow brings out the horror of it all much more.

                      Janice

                      (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000005<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000005>)

                    • Jeff
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 2, 2009
                        You have this near genius scientist who works for the FBI (American
                        version), and his personal protection. They go about investigating
                        scientific mysteries. It another of those, this wouldn't be done this
                        way in the real world shows. They give you a puzzle and even the
                        occassional peice of stuntwork. Recently they introduce some comic
                        releive. Patrick Stewart did the original British version.

                        <aviannix37@...> wrote:

                        > What's "Eleventh Hour" about?
                        >

                        > John
                        02/27/09 13:27:00