Re: [science-fiction] Invasion of the Body Snatchers

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 60 , Jun 1, 2008
      In a message dated 5/31/2008 11:47:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      aviannix37@... writes:

      When you describe their goals that doesn't really seem that bad, apart
      from the losing one's emotions
      and such. Did people lose free will once taken over though? >>

      They weren't taken over -- they were replaced. The thing was not to fall
      asleep or the maturing pod in your likeness could then take over your mind.
      They had the originals' memories and knowledge, but they had no personalities
      or will of their own left.

      I don't know what happens to the bodies though.

      But it's been a while, so Rhob please correct me if I'm wrong.

      Janice
      (finished sobbing over Boomtown,
      on now to Doctor Who Third Series)

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • dizzheart@aol.com
      Message 60 of 60 , Jun 13, 2008
        In a message dated 6/13/2008 12:33:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        rhob1960@... writes:

        There's no iffy about it. You post what you want to get rid of, a person
        requests it, you mail it, get a credit for it, then use that to order another
        book. I haven't had any problems and there are a lot of members with some good
        books out there. It's not the 55 edition, that's for sure, but it is in
        perfect shape. >>

        Yeah, it's iffy in the sense that I am dealing with strangers, it's not very
        fast, I may be left with credits I can't find anything to use for, the site
        offers no protection, and it may not have what I'm looking for anyway. That
        was my experience, anyway, but it was a couple of years ago.

        I like amazon. It's fst, it's more straightforward. It's mostly free for
        me anyway on account of my credit card.

        Janice

        2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)