Re: [science-fiction] The End

  • dizzheart@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
      In a message dated 5/31/2007 11:55:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      ilyak002@... writes:

      Reminds me of what I read about how some Europeans got wealthy by buying up
      properties, businesses,etc. at a discount during the "Black Death" from those
      wanting to party before the End, maybe not just their life only but society
      as well.

      Paul, not Atreides

      That did happen, but as it turns out, the partiers were wrong.

      In the example given, the partiers would have been correct.

      However, many people enjoy making a great deal and maybe that is their
      highest & best form of enjoying themselves before The End ;) I would speculate
      that Ebay and the stock market would both go crazy :D

      Janice

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2007
        Yep. You're one of the crew. I expect things to go bad and when they don't I'm glad that they didn't.
        When they do I just shake my head and wonder what we'll screw up next.

        Does that mean I'm an optomistic cynic. I know everything is going to
        go wrong, I just hope it does so in a spectacular way.

        People shouldn't fear their governments; Governments should fear their People. V - V For Vendetta

        Does that mean I'm an optomistic cynic. I know everything is going to
        go wrong, I just hope it does so in a spectacular way.

        JP

        --- In sciencefictiongroup@yahoogroups.com, dizzheart@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 5/31/2007 2:24:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > Mithril1960A@... writes:
        >
        > Jan, you know me too well. I admit that I am the world's only
        cynical
        > optimist.
        >

        > Hahaha! I like that designation.
        >
        > I will put it up next to that of someone else I know - the world's
        only
        > evangelical atheist :D
        >
        > Janice

      • osti
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
          [osti]
          Either that, or you're Russian. They're a pessimistic bunch. :-)

          LP
          osti