Gennedy to direct sequel to Dark Crystal

  • Mithril1960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      The Jim Henson Co. has set Genndy Tartakovsky to direct Power of the Dark
      Crystal, sequel to the 1982 fantasy film The Dark Crystal, Variety reported.

      Tartakovsky created the animated TV series hits Samurai Jack, Dexter's
      Laboratory and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. His Orphanage Animation Studios will
      take the lead on the computer animation elements for the puppet-driven film, the
      trade paper reported.

      The film becomes a co-production of Henson and the Orphanage. Lisa Henson,
      co-chief executive officer of the Jim Henson Co., will produce with Orphanage
      chairman Scott Stewart. Brian Froud has returned to design the new
      characters.

      Set hundreds of years after the first movie, the sequel follows a mysterious
      girl made of fire who steals a shard of the crystal in hopes of reigniting
      the dying sun.

      Honesty time; I liked the sequel but I wasn't knocked over by it. The
      Gelflings could have had more expression to their faces, ala Yoda from Empire. And
      the story could have been a little better. I like Gennedy though...

      People shouldn't fear governments. Governments should fear their people.

      - Codename V, V for Vendetta -