Re: [science-fiction] Quartermass

  • Phairoh
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005

      Phairoh wrote:
      >>> The 3 initial productions were movies, only the 4th production

      Neet-O-Rama wrote:
      A few comments and corrections:
      Nope, all were live TV serials broadcast by the BBC in the UK in the
      early 50's. In fact, by the time of Quatermass II it was reported that
      no one was on the streets of London. These serials totally dominated
      early British TV (Doctor Who was "created" to exploit this interest).

      To clarify what I wrote, I wasn't saying these productions were movies
      at the theatre, I was just trying to get across that the original 3
      weren't cut or presented as a mini, as with the 4th production based on
      the info I had at the time.

      Phairoh wrote:
      >>> 1) Quatermass Experiment (AKA "The Creeping Unknown", "X The
      >>> Unknown")

      Neet-O-Rama wrote:
      Sorry, X THE UNKNOWN is a brilliant early Hammer film but is not part
      of the Quatermass saga.

      The info I posted about this was from IMDB. One link said one thing,
      another link gives different info altogether. The 'X' error is really
      blatant when you look a little deeper. While the IMDB site is usually
      reliable, I've found that some of the contributors are not. Thanks for
      clarifying and pointing this out.

      (sorry to all for this long quote)
      Neet-O-Rama wrote:
      <...BBC video in England finally released the box set of all three
      1950's serials (only 2 episodes of Quatermass I exist but the script
      for the remaining 4 chapters are included) Quatermass II is complete as
      is Quatermass and the Pit which has been remastered. It is available
      from British sources like http://www.sendit.com/

      Have the "...Pit". Thanks for the info on the others. I'm definitely
      going to get a region-less player, and then, some of these issues,
      won't be an issue anymore.
      I have a list of DVD series releases that are only UK, they may be
      released in the US, but you can't count on it. And to complicate
      things, some of these titles, even in the UK, go out of print, then
      it's a pain to get them, if you can find them.

      Phairoh
      (Smallest time increment- Quantum Time= 10^43 of a second or, 10
      tredicillionths of a second)
    • Neet-O-Rama
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        >>>I'm definitely going to get a region-less player, and then, some of >>>these issues, won't be an issue anymore.

        Almost all of the cheap DVD players (under $40) are PAL compatible players so get one of these. To reset most players to be "universal" or region "0" (maybe even the one in your possession) go to
        http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php

        Sasha
        www.neetstuff.com