Re: [science-fiction] Re: SF News about the SFC with comments

  • Mithril1960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 1, 2005
      In a message dated 12/31/2004 7:41:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      sequencer76@... writes:

      I guess the majority of
      people are either content in watching garbage or more
      likely, the new owners are clueless.

      Judging from the ratings, people are content to watch. However, I don't
      think that they've really gotten the hardcore SF fans, just the peripheral ones.
      I miss when the channel used to show Invaders, Space:1999, the Anderson shows.
      They've really forgotten the roots of the channel. Back when it was more of
      a shoe string operation it was more fun and showed better stuff.

      Imagine there's no countries,It isn't hard to do.
      Nothing to kill or die for And no religon too.
      Imagine all the people, Living life in peace...

      John Lennon - Imagine

    • JAN TROTTER
      Message 36 of 36 , Jan 3, 2005
        Alan wrote:

        <<I have to say that there while it is difficult for a small channel to get
        the rights to much of the big product, there are still a few gems on the UK
        Sci-Fi channel. A lot of their movies are straight to video or made for TV
        crap, but they also show planty of "proper" movies too, and often some
        neglected classics and obscure efforts. They also manage to show some of the
        more well known series, although usually I would expect Sky One to buy them
        as soon as they become successful.>>

        I have to say I agree with Alan. Sometimes the UK Sci-fi channel do show
        some pretty good stuff at times. I wasn't bemoaning the fact that they are a
        small channel Alan, just pointing out they have problems competing with the
        big budget channels, but I don't think they do a bad job at all - even if
        they go through spells where nothinggrabs my attention!

        Chris added:
        <<> [p.s the horror channel sucks here, unless the good stuff happens
        after
        > 10pm!, lol!]

        Nah - more soft porn with big breast implants from waht I've

        Lol! Okay, I won't be putting myself out to watch it then ;)

        Soups