Re: [science-fiction] Daffy Duck for President

  • Andrew knowles
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      why u send me this shit, daffy duck?
      how about some else, sci-fi

      PLEASE NEVER SEND ME ANY THING ABOUT DAFFY DUCK AGAIN

      THANK YOU VERY MUCH

      Dierna Raph's Girl Soul <dierna_soul@...> wrote:
      Forget Bush or Kerry!! 1 million people have so far
      voted Daffy Duck to be president!! The theme song is
      hilarious!!

      So... 12 months of Rabbit Season eh? *lol*

      Daffy Duck already has 1,512,642 votes! Holy maceral!
      *lol*

      Just go to this site and click on the campaign
      button... apperantly you can click on it more then
      once to vote.

      http://www.chuckjones.com/entry.html?vote=daffy

      Oh and here's his campaign speach...*rotflmao*

      My Fellow Americans,

      Today is a great day in the history of the United
      States of America. Because it is today that I, Daffy
      Duck, international star of stage and screen and
      charismatic role model to millions of Americans,
      formally announce my candidacy for President of The
      United States.

      Yes, with huge humility I accept the nomination of the
      Looney Toons� Party and set myself on a collision
      course with destiny.

      Some people will say I shouldn�t run, that it�s too
      late to get into the race, or that a duck should not
      be President. Well, to these naysayers I can only
      reply �Gentlemen, you�re despicable!�

      I WILL run, and I WILL win. Not because I am the
      best-looking candidate (although I am), but because
      America needs to get on the right quack. In a country
      divided between right wing and left wing, we need
      somebody with BOTH wings as President. And, Ladies
      and Gentlemen, I HAVE THESE WINGS.

      If I�m elected President, I�ll If I�m elected
      president, I�ll pass the �No Egg Left Behind� Act and
      declare year-round Rabbit Season!

      Now, the race to the White House will be long and
      difficult. My opponents may try to smear me with
      rumors. They�ll accuse me of being a puppet of the
      Acme Corporation. They may even claim that I�m a
      fictional cartoon character.

      Yes, the journey ahead will be tough. Thankfully, I
      do not make it all alone. Send me to Washington, and
      I will bring them with me, as members of my Cabinet.

      Allow me to introduce them: Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird,
      Taz and Sylvester!

      The election is two short weeks away, and I�ve got a
      lot of campaigning to do, a lot of hands to shake, a
      lot of babies to kiss. But before I head off to my
      first pancake brunch, let me leave you with this
      thought. �The Duck Stops Here!�

      On November 2nd, let�s make this election season� Duck
      Season!

      Thank you and Vote for Me! Vote for Me!

      Dierna note: Year round rabbit season yet Bugs Bunny
      is a member of his cabinet??? Is the Vice President
      gonna be Daffy's ego??? :D

      HOMEPAGE/POLLS/SCI-FI T-SHIRT STORE
      *http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/science-fiction.html
      SCI-FI DVD STORE
      * http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/sci-fi-dvd.htm
      COSMIC MERCHANDISE DEALS
      * http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/tv-and-movie-warehouse.htm
      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Rob Usdin
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
        You're....desthpicable!

      • Tim Stubbs
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
          Hi SF Fans!

          Anyone else here a fan of "Duck Dodgers in the 25th and a Half
          Century"?

          "Keep watching the Toons!"

          tim

          --- In sciencefictiongroup@yahoogroups.com, Andrew knowles
          <andy992004@y...> wrote:

          > why u send me this shit, daffy duck?
          > how about some else, sci-fi
          >
          > PLEASE NEVER SEND ME ANY THING ABOUT DAFFY DUCK AGAIN
          >
          > THANK YOU VERY MUCH
          >

          > Dierna Raph's Girl Soul <dierna_soul@y...> wrote:
          > Forget Bush or Kerry!! 1 million people have so far
          > voted Daffy Duck to be president!! The theme song is
          > hilarious!!
        • Dierna Raph's Girl Soul
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
            Daffy Duck is sci-fi!!! Ever watch Duck Dodgers???
            That show is hilarious!!!

            Dierna "Raph's Girl" Soul

            Triceraton: "Professor...we've been looking for you!"
            Fugitoid:"Im glad you found me! It saved me quite a
            walk!"

            Worlds Colide pt 1
            FBTMNT Season 3
            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
            www.yahoo.com
          • Tesserae
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
              I LOVE Duck Dodgers and Marvin the Martian and the big pink alien bird things!

              My favorite incarnation of Daffy Duck is the WWII era version though. He was little, obnoxious, and completely psychotic back then.

              If ya don't like the topic of the thread .... DON'T READ IT.

              Liz F.

              "Insanity runs in my family, it practically gallops."
              Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
                In a message dated 11/1/2004 9:29:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                firstuniversal@... writes:

                Anyone else here a fan of "Duck Dodgers in the 25th and a Half
                Century"?

                The original cartoon yes, the lame TV show, no. Today's cartoonists and
                animators don't have the total disregard for things like politicians and such
                that made the folks at WB (Robert Clampett and Tex Avery especially) make such
                excellent cartoons. There was no PC BS to worry about, just go beserk. The
                older WB toons (which drove Disney out of the shorts business) rule.

                "It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the
                most important."
                - Sherlock Holmes -

              • Mithril1960@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004
                  In a message dated 11/1/2004 9:16:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  tesserae1313@... writes:

                  My favorite incarnation of Daffy Duck is the WWII era version though. He was
                  little, obnoxious, and completely psychotic back then.

                  When Bob Clampett was doing Daffy, he was just that, Daffy to the point of
                  insanity. When Chuck Jones (who is a great animator and creator) took over the
                  character, he ruined him, making him a coward and sneak. Its one of the few
                  things Chuck did that I didn't care for.