Lost In Space DVD's My Quick Review

  • John Leister
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2004
      Exactly 7 days for the delivery too which is cool

      The Outside Bits
      ================
      First off the presentation is good. Not as good as other
      box sets but for the money I think you get kind of good
      value. There are 8 disks in the set and each is in a slim
      DVD case in a cardboard slipcase.

      Now these are something I've not seen before. They are
      thinner then the standard DVD case yet they still have a
      hub to snap the disk onto and they click shut. The printing
      on the cases is pretty good too and overall I'm happy with
      the outside bits. Now onto the actual program content.

      The Inside Bits
      ===============
      The episodes are nicely presented. Nice very easy to follow
      menu. No fancy extras but you get 4 episodes on each disk
      and that can't be all bad.

      Now the show as it was was a 4:3 production so yes it will
      fill your entire TV screen and you won't get "black bars" at
      the top and bottom of the TV.

      Having said that the picture quality is actually quite good
      and I get the feeling some of the footage was slightly retouched
      to remove those odd glitches all my LIS tapes have such as those
      occasional flashes you get in the corners of the screen and such. I
      could not note any of these on any of the disks I have.

      The sound is also quite good and while it may not be 5.1 whoop de doo
      all the bells and whistles it's better then the crappy sound on VHS tapes
      and in fact it may be too good. I did notice one thing I was prolly not
      meant to notice on one episode and that was background noise during
      a scene with the robot talking to Will. You could hear very faint
      background noise...

      And my final verdict is that the set was and is good value. 6/10

      --
      John

      Friendship is fleeting, but truth everlasting