What Happened to the Future We Were Promised?

  • Pete Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      "An interesting exhibit has opened in Philadelphia with an accompanying
      website (http://www.losthighways.org/radebaugh.html) examining the artistic
      visions of A.C. Radebaugh. The name sounds familiar but I couldn't place any
      of the pieces.

      A sad footnote seems to be that he died in 1974, alone and embittered with
      his legacy and work largely ignored. A CNN piece discusses the show and his
      career.
      http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/03/31/wkd.futurist.illus.ap/index.html

      The artwork is fabulous. And the unanswered question is pervasive these past
      few years. And the unanswered question is pervasive these past few years."
      (above words from Nigel Rowe)

      Definitely worth a look in if early SF art interests you. Radeburgh's
      illustrations have been familiar to us for decades and this is certainly a
      very overdue retrospective.

      Pete