Re: [science-fiction] New Mutants in X2

  • Dierna Lincoln
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
      YES!!! I don't care if they're only in like one
      scene!!! At least Doc McCoy and Gambit are gonna be in
      it!!....Cool that Jubilee will have a bigger part then
      just a cameo like in the last film(her speaking scenes
      were cut out)...ditto for Kitty(whom was only shown
      walking thru a door in the first one). As for
      Siryn...Why have her instead of Banshee?? I'd rather
      see Banshee be in it...have the guy that played him in
      the live action made for tv GenerationX movie be in
      it! Not Banshee's daughter!

      Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln
      http://health.yahoo.com
    • Mithril1960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 1, 2002
        In a message dated 8/1/2002 4:20:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        fadm_lincoln@... writes:

        > Why have her instead of Banshee??

        Hasn't Banshee lost his powers in X-Continuity (if there is such a thing,
        it's more convoluted than Star Treks). Anyway there are more male
        superheroes than female and Banshee is an older man, something they don't
        need since they have Professor X.

        Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that
        makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
        - From 'The Sayings of Muad'ib" by the Princess Irulan

      • mikailah simons
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 6, 2002
          > ...small cameos
          > as part of a montage scene of the blue-furred Beast
          > and the card-throwing
          > Gambit.

          Who's gonna play Gambit? Why don't they have bigger
          parts? Are they ever going to put Psylocke in one of
          the movies? Am I still spelling her name wrong?
          Mikki?

          =====
          I'll make a shoehorn outta your shin
          I'll make a lampshade of durable skin
          And oh, don't you know that I'm always feelin' able
          When I'm sittin' home and I'm carvin' out your navel
          I'm just a' sittin' here carvin' out your navel

          Skinned - Blind Melon

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • mikailah simons
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 6, 2002
            Umm, I thought that Siryn and Banshee were brother and
            sister? Ah it's been too long since I read a comic.
            And, umm, maybe the ol' eyesight's going, or perhaps
            it's because I had to help cook all during it, but I
            don't actually recall seeing Jubilee in the first one.
            Where was she? Could I have missed her?
            Mikki

            =====

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 6, 2002

            • ElijahShould@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 6, 2002
                s_mikailah@... writes:

                > Umm, I thought that Siryn and Banshee were brother and
                > sister? Ah it's been too long since I read a comic.
                > And, umm, maybe the ol' eyesight's going, or perhaps
                > it's because I had to help cook all during it, but I
                > don't actually recall seeing Jubilee in the first one.
                > Where was she? Could I have missed her?
                > Mikki

                heyyy wait a minute, i thought jubilee was in the 1st one! there was an asian
                girl sitting at a desk with a yellow jacket and i thought that was supposed
                to be her. it's in the scene where storm is teaching i think, either that or
                when everyone is in the professor's office.
                i'm probably wrong but i have seen that movie at least 10 times *cough*i'm a
                loser*cough* and i know there was a chick with a yellow jacket so i just
                assumed it was her.

                wendy
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

              • Dierna Lincoln
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                  There's been a rumor going around for years that Jean
                  Claude Van Damm is gonna be playing Gambit...the
                  reason they don't have bigger parts is cuz it's a
                  Wolverine movie with a 2nd plot dealing with
                  Nightcrawler(well according to the script reviews I've
                  read anyways)...they'll have bigger roles in X-Men
                  III(and yes there's gonna be one). In the first film
                  Jubilee only had a cameo...she has a bigger role in
                  it...ditto with Kitty Pryde and a couple others.

                  Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln
                  http://health.yahoo.com
                • Dierna Lincoln
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                    She had a short cameo(in the DVD and video she has a
                    speaking role) in a class room scene...the scene where
                    Rogue meets Pyro and Iceboy....U can see Jubilee in
                    the backround...Rogue is sitting between Jubilee and
                    Iceboy....I recognized her right away cuz she was
                    wearing yellow and she was asian *L* When I saw the
                    movie in theatre I of course pointed her out...I was
                    looking for familiar faces among the mutants and to me
                    Jubilee just stuck out...probably cuz she's one of my
                    fave X-Men...well next to Wolverine anyways *L*

                    Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln*wishes she could sneak onto
                    the Vancouver, BC set of X-Men II*
                    http://health.yahoo.com
                  • mikailah simons
                    Message 9 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                      Ok, thank you. :)
                      Mikki

                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                        Thanks again. :)
                        Mikki

                        --- Dierna Lincoln <fadm_lincoln@...> wrote:
                        > She had a short cameo(in the DVD and video she has a
                        > speaking role) in a class room scene...the scene
                        > where
                        > Rogue meets Pyro and Iceboy....U can see Jubilee in
                        > the backround...Rogue is sitting between Jubilee and
                        > Iceboy....I recognized her right away cuz she was
                        > wearing yellow and she was asian *L* When I saw the
                        > movie in theatre I of course pointed her out...I was
                        > looking for familiar faces among the mutants and to
                        > me Jubilee just stuck out...probably cuz she's one
                        of
                        > my fave X-Men...well next to Wolverine anyways *L*

                        =====
                        I'll make a shoehorn outta your shin
                        I'll make a lampshade of durable skin
                        And oh, don't you know that I'm always feelin' able
                        When I'm sittin' home and I'm carvin' out your navel
                        I'm just a' sittin' here carvin' out your navel

                        Skinned - Blind Melon

                        http://health.yahoo.com
                      • Craig Ranapia
                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                          Humm... I only hope they're going to in the story for a reason, not just as an excuse for bumping up the FX budget. What I liked about 'X-Men' that there was some attempt to provide characterisation -- even if the studio weren't having a bar of it in the final cut. Frankly, I though Cyclops could have been written out of the story and I wouldn't have missed him.

                          A major problem with 'Batman Returns' (a very good and under-rated film IMHO) is that I kept wishing either The Penguin or Catwoman would have more screen time -- for once, it was a case of too much of a good thing.

                          Craig Ranapia

                          "O God, help our side, and if you can't then at least don't help those scoundrels."
                          Prince Leopold of Anhalt-Dessau,
                          prayer before the Battle of Kesseldorf 1745

                        • jamo
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                            on 8/7/02 8:36 AM, "mikailah simons <s_mikailah@...>" wrote:

                            > Are they ever going to put Psylocke in one of the movies?

                            Yes =) The 'cop a perve' male audience draw of the SpiderDunst wet T-shirt
                            was enough to propel the flick above the Clones. The perpetually thonged
                            Psylocke with breasts the size of watermelons will be worth at least 100 mil
                            =)

                            > Am I still spelling her name wrong?

                            With that girl's contrived Japanese Super-Ninja by way of British Boarding
                            School sister to Captain Britain who was blind and can sow see because of
                            Mojo history, it doesn't really matter =) I thing she gets even her name
                            wrong.

                            > Mikki?

                            Jamo!
                            +BIL
                          • christopherh_uk
                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                              --- In sciencefictiongroup@y..., "Craig Ranapia" <high_windows@y...>
                              wrote:
                              > Humm... I only hope they're going to in the story for a reason, not
                              just as an excuse for bumping up the FX budget. What I liked
                              about 'X-Men' that there was some attempt to provide
                              characterisation -- even if the studio weren't having a bar of it in
                              the final cut. Frankly, I though Cyclops could have been written out
                              of the story and I wouldn't have missed him.

                              As an original Claremont/ Cockrum fan onwards, what made me really
                              love X men was Cyclops uncontolled blast sequence at the station. Yay
                              I thought!

                              X-Men without Cyclops? Sheesh!

                              Chris H
                            • christopherh_uk
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                                  In a message dated 8/7/2002 12:13:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  ElijahShould@... writes:

                                  > i'm probably wrong but i have seen that movie at least 10 times *cough*i'm a
                                  >
                                  > loser*cough* and i know there was a chick with a yellow jacket so i just
                                  > assumed it was her.

                                  Why say you're a loser because you've watched something ten times? Does that
                                  make hardcore star trek fans the biggest losers of all because they treat
                                  Trek (as do Star Wars fans) like a religion? I've read LOTR at least 100
                                  times cover to cover and I've enjoyed it every single time. I don't feel like
                                  a loser. Losers are people who don't even try.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                                    In a message dated 8/7/2002 4:25:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                    chris@... writes:

                                    > As an original Claremont/ Cockrum fan onwards, what made me really
                                    > love X men was Cyclops uncontolled blast sequence at the station. Yay
                                    > I thought!
                                    >
                                    > X-Men without Cyclops? Sheesh!

                                    I agree with Chris. Cyclops is the X-MAN. He is the only one in the group
                                    who totally accepts and strives for Professor X's ideals.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                                      Mithril wrote:
                                      I agree with Chris. Cyclops is the X-MAN. He is the only one in the group
                                      who totally accepts and strives for Professor X's ideals.

                                      I reply:
                                      True enough in the comics. But in the movie, I just felt Cyclops didn't really do much except glare at Wolverine.

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                                        Mithril1960@... writes:
                                        >>Why say you're a loser because you've watched something ten times?

                                        hey i can be a loser if i want! :P
                                        nah i was just kidding. i love that movie and everyone knows it because i
                                        made all my friends go see it with me in times square at 2am the night it
                                        opened.

                                        >>Does that make hardcore star trek fans the biggest losers of all because
                                        they >>treat Trek (as do Star Wars fans) like a religion? I've read LOTR at
                                        least 100
                                        >>times cover to cover and I've enjoyed it every single time.

                                        no way! i admire people like that. i think they are awesome because they
                                        really love something and they are so devoted. comic book fans and star
                                        trek/star wars fans are the best. i waited out on the star wars line all
                                        night just to hang out with them and i didn't even see it (don't murder me, i
                                        bought a ticket but i couldn't go. it's not my fault i swear!! lol).

                                        >>I don't feel like a loser. Losers are people who don't even try.

                                        i don't feel like a loser either especially when i find groups of people
                                        (like this one) who i share interests with. the best times i had this year
                                        were at the lord of the rings line party and the star wars line party. :) oh
                                        yeah and the lord of the rings new years eve party, that rocked!
                                        i guess my sense of humor is just warped because i make fun of myself a lot.
                                        don't take me too seriously because i don't :P
                                        wendy
                                        (\__/)
                                        (='.'=)
                                        (")_(")

                                      • ElijahShould@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 7, 2002
                                          Mithril1960@... writes:

                                          > > As an original Claremont/ Cockrum fan onwards, what made me really
                                          > > love X men was Cyclops uncontolled blast sequence at the station. Yay
                                          > > I thought!
                                          > >
                                          > > X-Men without Cyclops? Sheesh!
                                          >
                                          > I agree with Chris. Cyclops is the X-MAN. He is the only one in the group
                                          > who totally accepts and strives for Professor X's ideals.

                                          not to mention him and jean grey are like the prom king and queen of the
                                          xmen, they are the cutest couple! ^_~

                                          wendy
                                          (\__/)
                                          (='.'=)
                                          (")_(")

                                        • jamo
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 8, 2002
                                            on 8/8/02 9:51 AM, "ElijahShould@... <ElijahShould@...>" wrote:

                                            > not to mention him and jean grey are like the prom king and queen of the
                                            > xmen, they are the cutest couple! ^_~

                                            They always reminded me of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl from the (better
                                            than the current) Legion of Super-Heroes =). Or was it the other way around?
                                            The ones who represented the ideals and helped start 'the movement'.
                                            Lightning Lad's powers seem a little bit cooler to me, tho' =) Especially
                                            when his brother came for a visit and he they both did the Johnny Storm bit
                                            with their powers. BOO-YA!

                                            > wendy

                                            Jamo
                                            +BIL
                                          • christopherh_uk
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 10, 2002
                                              wrote:
                                              > Mithril wrote:
                                              > I agree with Chris. Cyclops is the X-MAN. He is the only one in
                                              the group
                                              > who totally accepts and strives for Professor X's ideals.
                                              >
                                              > I reply:
                                              > True enough in the comics. But in the movie, I just felt Cyclops
                                              didn't really do much except glare at Wolverine.

                                              Well he spent a fair time in the Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne comics doinb
                                              exactly that as well. That's what I liked about the movie - it
                                              dropped you in the middle of things instead of starting from the
                                              beginning of the School.......

                                              Chris H
                                            • christopherh_uk
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 10, 2002
                                                --- In sciencefictiongroup@y..., ElijahShould@a... wrote:

                                                > not to mention him and jean grey are like the prom king and queen
                                                of the
                                                > xmen, they are the cutest couple! ^_~

                                                Which is what made Scott's anguish at Jean's / Dark Phoenix's death
                                                so 'real' at the time.

                                                Chris H