79509Re: [science-fiction] Hercules & Frankenstein

  • Barry Hofstetter
    Jan 7, 2014
      On 1/7/2014 12:33 AM, daru3@... wrote:
      > Anybody looking forward to the new Hercules and Frankenstein movies? I'm
      > prejudiced, but I'd bet anything that these movies have nothing to do
      > with the original stories and exist merely as an excuse for the special
      > animation and effects. I rarely take sf&f movies seriously anymore.
      > David Rubin

      With regard to mythology, I have no problem with new versions of the
      stories. The ancients themselves had multiple versions of these things
      (modern re-tellings such as Bullfinch are usually a synthesis of several
      sources or have popularized one version). Why can't we have as much fun
      with the stories as they did?

      --
      N.E. Barry Hofstetter

      Opinions in private email do not reflect those of any institution with
      which I am affiliated
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic