Alt hists (was Re: [SFC] Interesting Collection

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Thanks for the note, Steve. I'll look up ReVISIONS.

      I happen to enjoy alt hists if the author has done research and the alt hist
      is realistic and plausible. An alt hist about the South conquering the North
      in the Civil War is not particularly plausible.

      For members whop enjoy alt views of history, a writer named Peter Tsouras has
      created some collections of how history might have been different. He's
      asked historians and military experts to write articles about how military
      decisions might have led to very different alt hists. In Rising Sun Victorious, for
      example, the Japanese invade and take Australia in WWII. Some of his other
      works are Third Reich Victorious, Cold War Hot and Disaster at D-Day.

      Chris
      (This e-mail sent with 100% recyclable electrons)