e-books - the future?

  • nihal parkar
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2004
      Hi

      You cant curl up in bed with an e-book
      nor can you visit the loo with one!

      *****
      In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com,
      "jennifermacaire"
      <jennifermacaire@w...> wrote:
      > In this day and age, e-books are still the future.
      No one wants to
      > be accused of chopping down trees or needless
      pollution, but e-
      > books, for all their advantages to ecology have
      mostly gone
      unread.

      Where does the power and/or the batteries come from?
      E-books still
      produce "needless pollution".
      *****

      =====

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2004
        E-books also use plastics, whose manufacture produces pollution. Not
        as clean as they first might appear.

        Personally I find all this "e-" whatever a bit amusing. In 1990 or
        so, when rave culture was big, there were scare stories about "e" all
        the time. "E" being ecstasy. So whenever whichever big corporation
        has a smug commercial for e-business, I still picture some spotty
        adolescents selling each other pills in a dance club toilet!

        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, nihal parkar
        <deadpoetnsp@y...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > You cant curl up in bed with an e-book
        > nor can you visit the loo with one!
        >

        > *****
        > In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com,
        > "jennifermacaire"
        > <jennifermacaire@w...> wrote:
        > > In this day and age, e-books are still the future.
        > No one wants to
        > > be accused of chopping down trees or needless
        > pollution, but e-
        > > books, for all their advantages to ecology have
        > mostly gone
        > unread.
        >
        > Where does the power and/or the batteries come from?
        > E-books still
        > produce "needless pollution".
        > *****
      • Wildfire
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2004
          <deadpoetnsp@y...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > You cant curl up in bed with an e-book
          > nor can you visit the loo with one!
          >

          > *****
          Lmao ...at the moment the toilet is the only im reading anything :)