Re: Wonderful Days

  • Pamela Mandeville
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Wildfire"
      <wildfire160@h...> wrote:
      > Just bought this Korean animated film
      > Im a bit split over it ,on one hand its beautifuly animated and the
      > music(especially the main theme) is very haunting however though
      > overall the film does`nt suck(quite good in certain respects) it does
      > feel lacking in something i cant quite put my finger on what though
      > The basic story is set in a future where pollution has almost
      > destroyed the planet......
      > Only two societies of humans are left those who live in the last
      > surviving city and those who live on the edge of it but the city uses
      > the pollution in the atmosphere to power its machines, and theres a
      > problem the pollution is fading because the Earth is renewing itself

      Interesting plot idea, is the title Wonderful Days? Could be persuaded
      to check out a rental.

      Pam
    • Wildfire
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela Mandeville"
        <pammandeville@y...> wrote:
        > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Wildfire"
        > <wildfire160@h...> wrote:
        > > Just bought this Korean animated film
        > > Im a bit split over it ,on one hand its beautifuly animated and
        the
        > > music(especially the main theme) is very haunting however though
        > > overall the film does`nt suck(quite good in certain respects) it
        does
        > > feel lacking in something i cant quite put my finger on what
        though
        > > The basic story is set in a future where pollution has almost
        > > destroyed the planet......
        > > Only two societies of humans are left those who live in the last
        > > surviving city and those who live on the edge of it but the city
        uses
        > > the pollution in the atmosphere to power its machines, and theres
        > > problem the pollution is fading because the Earth is renewing
        itself

        > Interesting plot idea, is the title Wonderful Days? Could be
        persuaded
        > to check out a rental.
        >
        > Pam
        PAM if you can rent it might be worth it but as far as i know there
        is NO dvd release date for it either in the UK or US,also be warned
        it is in Korean with no English soundtrack only subtitles....i bought
        it direct from korea on a recommendation so ive no idea how easy it
        will be to get hold of locally
        Wildfire
      • Pamela Mandeville
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2004
          <wildfire160@h...> wrote:

          > PAM if you can rent it might be worth it but as far as i know there
          > is NO dvd release date for it either in the UK or US,also be warned
          > it is in Korean with no English soundtrack only subtitles....i bought
          > it direct from korea on a recommendation so ive no idea how easy it
          > will be to get hold of locally
          > Wildfire

          Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for the review, unless I have
          occasion to visit Korea. You never know...
          Pam