Destined to become a classic

  • bilitfan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
      Hello, all. I'm a new member. I just wanted to post this to
      mention that a newly-published novel I've just read deals generally
      with the very problem being discussed here.
      The book is 'Deep Blue - A Novel of Racial Conflict' by John
      Bramhall. It is available on:
      www.amazon.com and www.barnes&noble.com .

      'Deep Blue' is a sociological science-fiction novel dealing with
      the social problems resulting when a host group of people throw open
      the floodgates and allow unrestricted immigration to a group of alien
      hordes.
      Having no respect for the host people's customs or traditions, the
      alien 'invaders' easily rise within the host society, eventually
      gaining political clout sufficient to allow them to pass laws
      discriminating heavily in their favor, at the expense of the host
      population.
      All who are concerned about immigration and population control
      should read this most prescient novel.
    • bob_wall@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "bilitfan"
        <bilitfan@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, all. I'm a new member. I just wanted to post this to
        > mention that a newly-published novel I've just read deals generally
        > with the very problem being discussed here.
        > The book is 'Deep Blue - A Novel of Racial Conflict' by John
        > Bramhall. It is available on:
        > www.amazon.com and www.barnes&noble.com .

        And just what might that "very problem" be? Or are you just here to
        spam us? Maybe you're the author and you are pushing your work here?
        If so, admit it. Your Yahoo! profile gives no indication either way.

        I don't recall any "racial conflict" here lately, not even inter-
        species. Except when that F***in' Sapnoid invades our group and
        starts denegrating humanity.

        Later,
        Bob (proud to be human) Wall
      • Steve Something
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, bob_wall@y... wrote:
          > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "bilitfan"
          > <bilitfan@y...> wrote:
          > > Hello, all. I'm a new member. I just wanted to post this to
          > > mention that a newly-published novel I've just read deals
          generally
          > > with the very problem being discussed here.
          > > The book is 'Deep Blue - A Novel of Racial Conflict' by John
          > > Bramhall. It is available on:
          > > www.amazon.com and www.barnes&noble.com .
          >

          > And just what might that "very problem" be? Or are you just here to
          > spam us? Maybe you're the author and you are pushing your work
          here?
          > If so, admit it. Your Yahoo! profile gives no indication either way.
          >
          > I don't recall any "racial conflict" here lately, not even inter-
          > species. Except when that F***in' Sapnoid invades our group and
          > starts denegrating humanity.
          >
          > Later,
          > Bob (proud to be human) Wall

          You are snippy today, Bob. Could it be that your system can no longer
          take the massive doses of stimulants you use to ward off sleep?

          Relax now, Bob, you are safe. Forget this "pod" foolisness and
          sleeeep. Sleeeeeeeeeeep.

          Setve
        • bob_wall@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
            --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Something"
            <ss1400@y...> wrote:

            > > And just what might that "very problem" be? Or are you just here
            > > spam us? Maybe you're the author and you are pushing your work
            > here?
            > > If so, admit it. Your Yahoo! profile gives no indication either
            way.

            > > I don't recall any "racial conflict" here lately, not even inter-
            > > species. Except when that F***in' Sapnoid invades our group and
            > > starts denegrating humanity.
            > >
            > > Later,
            > > Bob (proud to be human) Wall
            >
            > You are snippy today, Bob. Could it be that your system can no
            longer
            > take the massive doses of stimulants you use to ward off sleep?
            >
            > Relax now, Bob, you are safe. Forget this "pod" foolisness and
            > sleeeep. Sleeeeeeeeeeep.
            >
            > Setve

            AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It's back, and trying
            to control my mind. I will resist. Resistance is never futile.
            Besides, I don't need no steenkin' sleep.
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
              <bilitfan@y...> wrote:
              > 'Deep Blue' is a sociological science-fiction novel dealing with
              > the social problems resulting when a host group of people throw
              open
              > the floodgates and allow unrestricted immigration to a group of
              alien
              > hordes.
              > Having no respect for the host people's customs or traditions,
              the
              > alien 'invaders' easily rise within the host society, eventually
              > gaining political clout sufficient to allow them to pass laws
              > discriminating heavily in their favor, at the expense of the host
              > population.
              > All who are concerned about immigration and population control
              > should read this most prescient novel.

              A bit "Roman a Clef" non?