Just Finished

  • bob_wall@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2003
      Whew, so much action here lately.

      Well, I just read Poul Anderson's Starfarers. Good book, but not a
      great one. It's about humanities first steps to the stars, first
      contact, then returning to Earth several thousand years later. A
      little light and airy. Not really what I consider hard SF, but a good
      plot. I'm more the Beethoven-Wagner-AC/DC get in your face type, and
      this book is more Bach-Mozart-Barry Manilow touchy feely.

      Good read if you like his stuff. I have never been overly impressed
      with Anderson, but I read it once in a while.

      That's my $0.02 worth. Just remember, a critique, like advice, is
      worth what you pay for it.

      Gotta get to a bookstore and find something else to read now.

      Later All,
      Bob