Re: His Dark Materials

  • Aleksandar Cocek
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      > was that the top 100 books of the BBC's Big read?it's in the last 21
      > to be voted on and yes it's a very good read both for children and
      > adults.Better than the Harry Potter series.

      Agree. Definitely worth reading. Maybe in some moments it looks like
      children book, but general idea is very good.

      --

      Aleksandar
      http://tamburix.tripod.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 22, 2003
        I got put onto this gem by Phillip Pullman by the BBC's Big Read...
        it is certainly an excellent read. Even though it is a trilogy of
        children's books, its mixture of SF and fantasy and alternative
        universes puts most recent adult SF to shame, and Pullman can really
        write... his action sequences for example are well-written, and his
        knowledge of various bits of folklore, quantum physics etc makes this
        a very intelligent piece of writing...