[SFC] Re: The 2003 Hugo Awards

  • zumarust
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2003
      But that is the first series book he's ever written....correct? So
      even the best of them commit the act of Trilogy sometimes.

      Evan

      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Ignacio Viglizzo
      <viglizzo@y...> wrote:
      > Let me point out that Hominids is the beginning of a trilogy:
      Humans and
      > Hybrids follow...
      > I'm excited about reading "Slow Life" by swanwick:
      > http://www.analogsf.com/Hugos/slowlife.shtml
      > --- zumarust <zumarust@e...> wrote:
      > > They had the Hugos on Saturday night? The worldcons usually do
      those
      > > on Sunday night....except maybe Mon., Sep. 1 isn't a holiday in
      > > Canada, so Saturday night would be the better choice....
      > > No surprise that Sawyer won for best novel- he's Canadian, the
      > > Convention is in Canada....I wanted Robinson to win, but I like
      > > Sawyer. I'm glad he won. Sawyer's commitment to writing mostly
      > > standalone novels is to be admired in this age of TRILOGY+....
      > >
      > > Evan
      > >
      > > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Pete Young <pete-
      > > young@m...> wrote:
      > > > From the Plokta news site:
      > > > http://www.plokta.com/pnn//stories.php?story=03/08/31/7520228
      > > >

      > > > NOVEL: Hominids, Robert J. Sawyer (Analog Jan-Apr 2002; Tor)
      > > >
      > > > NOVELLA: Coraline, Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins)
      > > >
      > > > NOVELETTE: "Slow Life", Michael Swanwick (Analog Dec 2002)
      >

      > =====
      > Ignacio

      > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • jennifermacaire
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003

        Analog stands as the numero uno in science fiction, I see.

        Harper Collins - now there's a surprise.

        Jennifer
      • Amy Harlib
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          aharlib@...
          Sawyer's best books were his earlier Quintaglio trilogy about a race of
          sentient dinosaurs on another world undergoing the equivalent of the
          Renaissance and the Enlightenment.
          Cheers!
          Amy