Re: [SFC] Heinlein Poll: refining my answer

  • marksil
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
      To paraphrase somebody (?), "It's not who votes that counts, it's who
      changes the votes." :)

      I'll go back to lurking now. Thank for your kind attention.

      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Ignacio Viglizzo
      <viglizzo@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Hexer, I think Steve is pulling my leg, to see if it tinkles
      (or some
      > other saying I got mixed up!)
      >
      > --- derhexer@a... wrote:
      > > In a message dated 6/30/2003 12:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      > > ss1400@y... writes:
      > >
      > > > No. I deleted your vote and sustituted one of my own for it.
      Since
      > > > our opinions just happened to coincide, there was no net effect
      on
      > > > the poll (we in the group love Heinlein by the way).
      > > >

      > > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
      vote (even
      > > though they were the same) and substituted his own. If we all
      have this
      > > power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has this power,
      who gave it to
      > > him?
      <snip>
    • Steve Something
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, derhexer@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 6/30/2003 12:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        > ss1400@y... writes:
        >
        > > No. I deleted your vote and sustituted one of my own for it.
        Since
        > > our opinions just happened to coincide, there was no net effect
        on
        > > the poll (we in the group love Heinlein by the way).
        > >

        > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
        vote (even
        > though they were the same) and substituted his own. If we all have
        this
        > power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has this power, who
        gave it to him?

        I refer the member to post 7174.

        Steve.
      • Steve Something
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
          --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Al Griffith
          <agri4042@b...> wrote:
          > derhexer@a... wrote:
          > > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
          > > vote (even though they were the same) and substituted his own.
          If we
          > > all have this power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has
          this
          > > power, who gave it to him?
          >
          > See what happens when you give Heinleinians power? ;-)
          >
          > Al

          I have to take issue with you here on two counts, Al.

          Firstly, I never said I voted in favour of Heinlein's work.

          And B) Since the poll we are all, on average, pro-Heinlein's work and
          therefore "Heinleinians". Welcome, fellow Heinlein appreciator! Let
          us sit on the carpet and read Stranger in a Strange Land together.

          Snuk! snuk!

          Steve.
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
            In a message dated 7/1/2003 9:31:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            ss1400@... writes:

            > I refer the member to post 7174.
            >
            > Steve.

            Gee, please forgive me for disremembering a short post from more than 2
            months ago. I guess I should give up on my hunt for a job and spend all my time
            reading and categorizing 7700+ messages.

            Now, where did I leave that sepuku knife so I can do the honorable thing?

          • Steve Something
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2003
              Should the member "disremember" further information he requires, he
              need only use the search facility to find relevant postings since he
              finds my help so offensive.

              He is welcome anyway.

              Steve.