Re: [SFC] Heinlein Poll: refining my answer

  • Ignacio Viglizzo
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2003
      Dear Hexer, I think Steve is pulling my leg, to see if it tinkles (or some
      other saying I got mixed up!)

      --- derhexer@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 6/30/2003 12:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      > ss1400@... writes:
      >
      > > No. I deleted your vote and sustituted one of my own for it. Since
      > > our opinions just happened to coincide, there was no net effect on
      > > the poll (we in the group love Heinlein by the way).
      > >

      > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's vote (even
      > though they were the same) and substituted his own. If we all have this
      > power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has this power, who gave it to
      > him?

      > To unsubscribe:
      >
      > To see the group page:

      =====
      Ignacio

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • marksil
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
        To paraphrase somebody (?), "It's not who votes that counts, it's who
        changes the votes." :)

        I'll go back to lurking now. Thank for your kind attention.

        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Ignacio Viglizzo
        <viglizzo@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Hexer, I think Steve is pulling my leg, to see if it tinkles
        (or some
        > other saying I got mixed up!)
        >
        > --- derhexer@a... wrote:
        > > In a message dated 6/30/2003 12:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        > > ss1400@y... writes:
        > >
        > > > No. I deleted your vote and sustituted one of my own for it.
        Since
        > > > our opinions just happened to coincide, there was no net effect
        on
        > > > the poll (we in the group love Heinlein by the way).
        > > >

        > > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
        vote (even
        > > though they were the same) and substituted his own. If we all
        have this
        > > power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has this power,
        who gave it to
        > > him?
        <snip>
      • Steve Something
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
          --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, derhexer@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 6/30/2003 12:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          > ss1400@y... writes:
          >
          > > No. I deleted your vote and sustituted one of my own for it.
          Since
          > > our opinions just happened to coincide, there was no net effect
          on
          > > the poll (we in the group love Heinlein by the way).
          > >

          > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
          vote (even
          > though they were the same) and substituted his own. If we all have
          this
          > power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has this power, who
          gave it to him?

          I refer the member to post 7174.

          Steve.
        • Steve Something
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
            --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, Al Griffith
            <agri4042@b...> wrote:
            > derhexer@a... wrote:
            > > I'm bothered by the fact that one member deleted another member's
            > > vote (even though they were the same) and substituted his own.
            If we
            > > all have this power, these polls are meaningless. If SS1400 has
            this
            > > power, who gave it to him?
            >
            > See what happens when you give Heinleinians power? ;-)
            >
            > Al

            I have to take issue with you here on two counts, Al.

            Firstly, I never said I voted in favour of Heinlein's work.

            And B) Since the poll we are all, on average, pro-Heinlein's work and
            therefore "Heinleinians". Welcome, fellow Heinlein appreciator! Let
            us sit on the carpet and read Stranger in a Strange Land together.

            Snuk! snuk!

            Steve.
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2003
              In a message dated 7/1/2003 9:31:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
              ss1400@... writes:

              > I refer the member to post 7174.
              >
              > Steve.

              Gee, please forgive me for disremembering a short post from more than 2
              months ago. I guess I should give up on my hunt for a job and spend all my time
              reading and categorizing 7700+ messages.

              Now, where did I leave that sepuku knife so I can do the honorable thing?

            • Steve Something
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2003
                Should the member "disremember" further information he requires, he
                need only use the search facility to find relevant postings since he
                finds my help so offensive.

                He is welcome anyway.

                Steve.