Polish film question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2003
      Does anybody know the name of the Polish film classic where two men
      wake up in a remote future and find that all other males have died
      out? (No it's not "Consider her Ways and others"). It was done as a
      comedy.
    • Wildfire
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "raybell_scot"
        <raybell_scot@y...> wrote:
        > Does anybody know the name of the Polish film classic where two men
        > wake up in a remote future and find that all other males have died
        > out? (No it's not "Consider her Ways and others"). It was done as a
        > comedy.
        Ive been trying to remember what it was called and just cant do it,i
        remember seeing the film,it was very very funny and well writen but
        the name is a blank to me
        Wildfire
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2003
          --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Wildfire"
          <wildfire160@h...> wrote:
          > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "raybell_scot"
          > <raybell_scot@y...> wrote:
          > > Does anybody know the name of the Polish film classic where two
          men
          > > wake up in a remote future and find that all other males have
          died
          > > out? (No it's not "Consider her Ways and others"). It was done as
          > > comedy.
          > Ive been trying to remember what it was called and just cant do
          it,i
          > remember seeing the film,it was very very funny and well writen but
          > the name is a blank to me

          I must have seen it about 13 years ago now, and never caught the
          beginning of it. Considering I speak no Polish, and was reading the
          subtitles, a lot of the humour came through.

          Most unfairly maligned films -
          Dune
          Zardoz (although a lot of Zardoz is very camp and bad, it does have a
          few strong scenes in there IMO. Zardoz is also better than a lot of
          pulp sf too I suppose).

          "Bred and led myself"
        • Wildfire
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2003
            <raybell_scot@y...> wrote:
            > Does anybody know the name of the Polish film classic where two men
            > wake up in a remote future and find that all other males have died
            > out? (No it's not "Consider her Ways and others"). It was done as a
            > comedy.
            Dammit im good ...:)
            the film was called Seksmisja(aka..Sexmission) starring Olgierd
            Lukaszewicz and Jerzy Stuhr
            http://us.imdb.com/Title?Seksmisja+(1984)
            I hope this is what you wanted
            Wildfire
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13, 2003
              <wildfire160@h...> wrote:
              > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "raybell_scot"
              > <raybell_scot@y...> wrote:
              > > Does anybody know the name of the Polish film classic where two
              men
              > > wake up in a remote future and find that all other males have
              died
              > > out? (No it's not "Consider her Ways and others"). It was done as
              > > comedy.
              > Dammit im good ...:)
              > the film was called Seksmisja(aka..Sexmission) starring Olgierd
              > Lukaszewicz and Jerzy Stuhr
              > http://us.imdb.com/Title?Seksmisja+(1984)

              Sounds like it, just disappointed imdb doesn't provide any comment on
              it!

              Thanks! Since I've got the name (probably the most important bit),
              I've looked up a couple of other things...

              ""Two men, kept in a state of hibernation for 50 years, learn that
              the world they knew doesn't exist anymore. All men are dead from
              nuclear war and the women are forced to live underground. The heroes
              will do anything to reestablish the male population in this female
              dominated state." "

              http://www.polonia.com/polishbooks/product.asp?sku=2913

              http://www.foreignfilms.com/films/8799.asp?search=1