Re: StarTrek V - SPOILERS

  • wildfire50uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Al Griffith"
      <agri4042@b...> wrote:
      > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Wall
      <bob_wall@y...>" >
      > series, even Voyager and Enterprise. I liked all of the ST movies
      > > except the fifth one where Spock's half-brother hijacks the
      > > Enterprise and goes in search of God. Shatner directed that one
      and I
      > > think he even wrote it. Memo to Shatner; Stick to playing Kirk.
      >
      > SPOILERS
      > AHEAD
      > FOR
      > STAR
      > TREK
      > THE
      > FINAL
      > FRONTIER
      >
      > What I liked about that one was the way that events were building
      right
      > through the movie to a climactic space battle with the Klingon
      ship.....and
      > then it didn't happen. The confrontation was resolved peacefully.
      That
      > could only happen in Star Trek. Of course the movie would probably
      have
      > been more popular if it had finished with a climactic space
      battle. I kinda
      > admire Shatner for not being so obvious and crude.

      Al
      The reason there was no climactic space battle at the end was because
      Shatner run so far overbudget they had no money left for the SFXs
      needed to do it, even though there was one planned for in the
      script ....so you might want to rethink the admiration for Shatner :)
      Wildfire(malcolm)
    • buxh42a <buxh42a@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, wildfire50uk
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Al Griffith"
        > <agri4042@b...> wrote:
        > > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Wall
        > <bob_wall@y...>" >
        > > series, even Voyager and Enterprise. I liked all of the ST movies
        > > > except the fifth one where Spock's half-brother hijacks the
        > > > Enterprise and goes in search of God. Shatner directed that one
        > and I
        > > > think he even wrote it. Memo to Shatner; Stick to playing Kirk.

        There were lots of things bad about Star Trek V, almost
        embarrassingly bad. Let's not forget the "Row-Row your boat" sing-a-
        long in the woods and the one that's unfortunately indelibly etched
        in my brain - the Uhura fan dance. Arrrrrrggghhh!

        Sam
      • buxh42a <buxh42a@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2003