Re: A Sound Of Thunder

  • jpmotis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      I saw the adaption on Ray Bradburry Theatre. I read the short stries
      in High school and I think there was also a low budget version then.
      Bradburry along with writer like Leguin and Asimov are considered a
      writter of knot by organizations like PBS. Books like Lathe of Heaven
      and short story collections like Illustrated Man were often used as
      material for films. English teachers would use them during sections
      on creative writting. An educational foundation adapted the Velt as
      one of these projects. This same short story was used in the movie
      of 'The Illustrated Man' and as an episode of Ray Bradburry Theatre.

      JP

      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, wildfire50uk
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I seem to remember reading this story
      > many years ago, i think it was also
      > used as story for one of those comics
      > (forget which) that you saw around
      > that were full of weird SF and horror
      > stories..
      > any way there making a movie out of it
      > originally Stallone was going to be involved
      > and or Pierce Brosnan but it seems they
      > have both dropped out..
      > shooting has wrapped and it should be released
      > late this year or early next
      > theres a link to more details
      > http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405972
      > Wildfire
      > -
      > O Frettled Gruntbuggly,thy micturations are to me /As plurdled
      > gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee /Groop,I implore thee, my foonting
      > turlingdromes /And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly
      > bindlewurdles /lest I rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurgle-
      > cruncheon /See if I don't!
      > Vogon Commander,The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    • Ignacio Viglizzo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2003
        Don't forget the Simpson's episode where Homer fiddled with a time travelling
        toaster...
        I went to the yahoo! site... I can't believe they want to get rid of the
        butterfly in the story! :-P

        --- jpmotis <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > I saw the adaption on Ray Bradburry Theatre. I read the short stries
        > in High school and I think there was also a low budget version then.
        > Bradburry along with writer like Leguin and Asimov are considered a
        > writter of knot by organizations like PBS. Books like Lathe of Heaven
        > and short story collections like Illustrated Man were often used as
        > material for films. English teachers would use them during sections
        > on creative writting. An educational foundation adapted the Velt as
        > one of these projects. This same short story was used in the movie
        > of 'The Illustrated Man' and as an episode of Ray Bradburry Theatre.
        >
        > JP
        >

        > --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, wildfire50uk
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > I seem to remember reading this story
        > > many years ago, i think it was also
        > > used as story for one of those comics
        > > (forget which) that you saw around
        > > that were full of weird SF and horror
        > > stories..
        > > any way there making a movie out of it
        > > originally Stallone was going to be involved
        > > and or Pierce Brosnan but it seems they
        > > have both dropped out..
        > > shooting has wrapped and it should be released
        > > late this year or early next
        > > theres a link to more details
        > > http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405972
        > > Wildfire