Re: LOTR DVD question

  • jpmotis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2002
      I have access to a laptop, standard DVD player, and a PS2. Moving
      discs between the 3, I have noticed that even though they all meet
      the same DVD standard and play the movies to the same degree of
      clarity, they can react differently when accessing meneus. Some slow
      some fast. On high compression DVD's the PS2 can be quite eratic.
      Seeing how some programs slow down or actually lock up when
      overwhelmed by data, it would not be unusual for a DVD drive not to
      recognize a a form of compression just a little off from its standard
      specifications. I have an emachine destop without DVD. For the most
      part it is a 90%, I can load 90% of the programs and USB hardware on
      the market without having a special driver or a patch. They buy in
      bulk and sell cheap so expect the occassional gliche with a new
      product format.

      JP