Gordon R. Dickson is born (1923)

  • spider38ss
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      The SciFri posting was very incomplete, not acknowledging Dickson's
      death in early 2001, so I supplimented this with material from SFWA
      news.
      Spider

      He was a prolific author -- with more than 80 books to his credit,
      including several published in just the past year. His short fiction
      won three Hugo awards ("Soldier, Ask Not," 1965; "Last Dorsai,"
      novella, 1981; "The Cloak and the Staff," novelette, 1981), and one
      Nebula ("Call Him Lord," novelette, 1966). He edited SFWA's Nebula
      Awards #12 volume (1978), and served as President of SFWA from 1969
      to 1971. (SWFA)

      Gordon is known for his Childe Cycle, which is planned to span the
      centuries from the 1400s to the 2400s and aimed to monitor the impact
      of characters well-grounded in history.(SciFri)