Re: [SFC] greatest of all time

  • Allan Griffith
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      From: "spider38ss" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      > The Man in the High Castle and The Forever War were good, I enjoyed
      > them both, but I wouldn't put them on a "10 best SF novels of all
      > > time" list.

      I'm a huge fan of Philip K. Dick, but "The Man in the High Castle" is the
      book of his that I've liked least. I'd have gone for "Time Out of Joint" or
      "Ubik".

      "The Forever War" has good ideas, and I sympathise with the author's
      anti-militarist stance, but it suffers from some serious flaws.

      Al
    • coleridgesque
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
        Wow! While only a few of these make my "all-time greatest" list, the
        included selections are all excellent. I'll look for this in the
        bookstores.

        --- In sciencefictionclassics@y..., "Allan Griffith" <agri4042@b...>