Re: Best/Worst Films&Spider's entries

  • spider38ss
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      > Best SF:
      Bladerunner
      The Fifth Element
      The Planet of the Apes (original)
      Brazil
      Fahrenheit 451
      (Honorable mention: A Boy and His Dog)

      Best Fantasy:
      The Secret of Roan Inish

      Best Alternative History:
      It Happened Here

      > Worst SF&F:
      > Still compiling data, but Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes is for
      sure on top of the list.

      > Michael Ironsides as any bad guy
      That is so true Mia!

      Spider

    • Ignacio Viglizzo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 11, 2002
        Hi Mia! It seems that we have _very_ similar taste for movies...
        I've been avaoiding the thread on lists of fav movies, I'm generally not good
        with lists. But...
        A short list of IMHO unfairly underrated movies :

        Red Planet
        Project Brainstorm
        Strange Days
        Krull
        The last starfigther
        Alien 3

        --- mrkleve13 <mrkleve13@...> wrote:
        > Best:
        >
        > Star Wars
        > Red Planet (the Val Kilmer one)
        > The Fifth Element
        > The Puppet Masters
        > Bladerunner
        > The Matrix
        > Brazil
        > Pitch Black
        > Stargate
        > Tron
        > MIB
        > The Time Machine (the original)
        > Enemy Mine
        > Total Recall
        >
        > Worst:
        >
        > Mission to Mars
        > Starship Troopers
        > Dune (sci-fi channel version)
        > Battlefield Earth
        > Supernova
        > Battle Beyond the Stars
        >
        > Best Bad Guy:
        >
        > Zorg - The Fifth Element
        > Department of Information Retrieval - Brazil
        > Riddick - Pitch Black (or is he the good guy?)
        > MCP - Tron
        > Michael Ironsides as any bad guy
        > Dr Smith - Lost In Space
        >

        > Mia