Re: [SFC] Happy Happy Joy Joy

  • ss1400
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2002
      --- In sciencefictionclassics@y..., wildfire50uk <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In sciencefictionclassics@y..., Ignacio Viglizzo
      <viglizzo@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hey, Steve, that is fantasy just like westerns! ;-)
      > >
      > > I read the first chapter somewhere and had some really neat
      ideas.
      > > --- ss1400 <ss1400@y...> wrote:
      > > > "Thief of Time", the latest Discworld book, is out in paperback!
      > > >
      > > > Steve.
      > >

      > > =====
      > > Ignacio
      > >
      > Now Iggers(snigger)dont start him off,
      > its just nice to see him talking again
      > even if it is about the only Pratchett
      > book i havnt read YET
      > wildfire(malcolm)

      A week goes by with no response, then a spitball of vitriol is
      directed at me! Well, it seems that my postings arrive in Wales with
      the same sort of delay the US Tele shows do. Now I have to worry that
      any answer I give to a respondant other than Wildfire will constitute
      a technical spoiler from his viewpoint.

      :)

      Thief of Time: This one is a slow starter for a Discworld book, but
      worth hanging on as the ride picks up speed as it proceeds. I read it
      in about three sessions, pretty normal for me and a page-turner. If
      you don't like fantasy, or take your fantasy far too seriously, you
      won't like this book at all. Personally, I have never met a Pratchett-
      hater that had any redeeming personal features, so I find his books
      save a lot of time by allowing me to weed out potential dweebs with a
      simple "Ever read any discworld books?". A "Yes, and I hated it",
      or "Can't stand Pratchett's stuff" will give me clear warning that
      the person suffers from some unspeakable personality defect, and save
      me the time of all that tedious mucking about with injunctions and
      restraining orders in order to rid myself of the pest later.

      I have just started "Red Moon" by Michael Cassutt. I was intrigued by
      Spinrad's review in "Asimov's" enough to buy it. I had trouble
      finding it, but I think it is going to pay off. More when I'm done.

      Steve
    • wildfire50uk
      Message 2 of 5 , May 20, 2002
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@y..., "ss1400" <ss1400@y...> wrote:

        > A week goes by with no response, then a spitball of vitriol is
        > directed at me! Well, it seems that my postings arrive in Wales
        with
        > the same sort of delay the US Tele shows do. Now I have to worry
        that
        > any answer I give to a respondant other than Wildfire will
        constitute
        > a technical spoiler from his viewpoint.
        >
        > :)

        Haha SSSSSSSssss ive just one thing to say *TROLLS*
        coming your way
        Wildfire