upcoming author events

  • Booksmith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      Here are some upcoming author events at The Booksmith (1644 Haight St) in
      San Francisco. All are free and open to the public.

      John Shirley
      reading & booksigning for "Demons"
      May 14, 7 pm

      Rudy Rucker
      reading & booksigning for "Spaceland"
      June 13, 7 pm

      China Mieville
      reading & booksigning for "The Scar"
      July 22, 7 pm

      Vernor Vinge
      reading & booksigning for "Collected Stories"
      August 28, 7 pm

      Author events are located at our San Francisco store (1644 Haight Street,
      between Clayton & Cole). For further information, please call 415-863-8688
      or visit our website at www.booksmith.com If you can't attend an event and
      would like to order a signed copy of the author's new book, please email us
      at read@...

      The Booksmith -- An INDEPENDENT bookstore serving San Francisco for 25 years
      The Booksmith
      1644 Haight Street
      San Francisco, California 94117
      (phone) 415-863-8688 or 800-493-7323
      (fax) 415-863-2540
      (email) read@...
      (web) http://www.booksmith.com
    • viglizzo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        It seems that since we were transferred to Grups we are more easy
        target for spammers. I don't want to kick out writers just because
        they tell us about their books, but I'd prefer it if they behaved as
        regular group members and not just advertisers. In fact, that kind of
        self promoting and lack of any kind of humbleness really puts me off
        about even resading excerpts of their work, and I'm sure they are
        making people leave the Group....
        But I'm probably preaching to the choir. If you are reading this you
        are not of the ones who just join to promote themselves... (please
        elaine, karl, don't think i'm talking about you. I'm sure you know
        the kind i' talking about). A much better way of promotion would be
        to become friends with the people around here, post interesting
        thoughts, and _then_ people would be intrigued to see what you wrote.

        I will ban this "booksmith" from the Club. It's the first time I take
        such an action. But this is not a place for peddling.

        --- In sciencefictionclassics@y..., Booksmith <read@b...> wrote:
        > Here are some upcoming author events at The Booksmith ...
        yadda yadda yadda. I love Rucker and Vinge, would love to be there,
        but NO SPAM please!!!!