On-Adam Roberts

  • pfabien
    Message 1 of 4105 , Mar 2, 2002
      This novel takes place on a world where gravity
      has shifted. West is now up and east is now down, so
      the inhabitants perceive themselves as living on a
      endless wall. They call it the worldwall. The novel
      follows the adventures of Tighe or more appropriately the
      misadventures of Tighe, because for the most part he is a
      passive participant in this novel. Things keep happening
      to him, he falls into one situation after another.
      While it is interesting to see what the shift in
      gravity has done the the world, you need a character that
      has a reason to exist to make a good story. The good
      thing about this novel is that the author has created a
      unique world, but he also created a forgettable story. I
      give this novel 2.50 stars.
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...