book buying spree

  • wildfire50uk
    Message 1 of 4105 , Feb 27 11:07 PM
      just been on a major buying spree at the
      secondhand book shops *Babel-17*(at last) *Empyrhrio* by
      Jack Vance its on the all time classic list but ive
      never heard of it..is it any good??,*Midshipmans Hope*
      and *Challengers Hope* by David Feintuch i was
      totally shocked that the hero Nicholas Seaforth was
      suppose to be from Cardiff,*Revelation Space* by Alastair
      Reynolds and Jack McDevitts *Deepsix*,*Mindstar Rising*
      and *The Nano Flower* by Peter Hamilton,*Arrow From
      Earth*FM Busby,*Lord Darcy Investigates*Randall
      Garrett,*Lord Kelvins Machine*James Blaylock,*Ring Of
      Lightning*Jane Fancher and finally a book ive been after for
      ages Brian Stablefords *The centre Cannot Hold* the
      final part of the Asgard Trilogy.<br>Im going to be
      busy for the next couple of
      weeks...:-)<br><br>Wildfire(malcolm)
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...