Re: starship troopers

  • knafn
    Message 1 of 4105 , Nov 4, 2001
      On 11/4/01 dru_n_spike_4_ever
      Troopers? tried to read it, got to the gang rape, that was
      it for me, tried to pick it up and read some more -
      just couldn't get past the fact that their own men did
      that. I know it was based on
      (to me, the militaristic mindset just doesn't hold
      together), but there's no rape scene. And it was written in
      1959, somewhat before significant U.S. involvement in
      Vietnam. Perhaps you've mixed up Starship Troopers with
      some other book?
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...