Re: ringworld:the movie

  • dru_n_spike_4_ever
    Message 1 of 4105 , Nov 4, 2001
      Just reading an old post, and I gotta say...
      Starship Troopers? tried to read it, got to the gang rape,
      that was it for me, tried to pick it up and read some
      more - just couldn't get past the fact that their own
      men did that. I know it was based on Nam, but, it's
      just that there was no outrage, neither by the women
      who we set upon or ANYBODY. I actually went so far as
      to post a RANT at amazon.com about it winning a Hugo
      (cause really that's the best way to choose at least
      some of your reading, that and Nebula) LOL. They never
      allowed my post to show up under the book description. Oh
      well! they're trying to make some money
      so...<br><br>sorry, had to admit that I never finished the book.
      was just soooooo good! really!
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...