Re: K-Pax

  • ghintp
    Message 1 of 4105 , Oct 31, 2001
      I didn't know it was a book. If anyone has read
      it I'm curious if there were more biblical
      references then the ones I noticed.<br><br>First of all
      there is the title, K-Pax. That could be translated as
      K=Thousand and Pax=Peace. Isn't there some reference to a
      thousand years of peace in the bible?<br><br>In the film I
      noticed similarities in the alien's (forgot his name)
      description of familial relationships on K-Pax with this
      exchage from the book of Matthew.<br><br>022:024 Saying,
      Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his
      brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his
      brother. <br>022:025 Now there were with us seven
      brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife,
      deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his
      brother: <br>022:026 Likewise the second also, and the
      third, unto the seventh. <br>022:027 And last of all the
      woman died also. <br>022:028 Therefore in the
      resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they
      all had her. <br>022:029 Jesus answered and said unto
      them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the
      power of God. <br>022:030 For in the resurrection they
      neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the
      angels of God in heaven. <br><br>Just thought I'd throw
      that out.
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...