Re: your strontium 90 atmosphere holocau

  • pack_rat2
    Message 1 of 4105 , Sep 9, 2001
      It would have to be a volatile uranium compound,
      like uranium hexafluoride. If there were a high
      concentration of it, that would be bad for humans and other
      critters that breathe the air. The atmosphere provides
      shielding from various types of radiation from space, as
      well as most meteors. It would not affect the former,
      since it's so dense, and would tend to stay close to
      the surface, away from the ozone layer. It would
      certainly not affect the latter.
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...