Re: awards

  • greenjack76
    Message 1 of 4105 , Oct 2, 2000
      What do you all feel are the differences between
      Hugos and Nebulas? I've thought about that a lot myself
      - personally I think I tend to like the Nebula
      winners better than the Hugo winners, it seems to me that
      the Hugos are more "classic" science fiction, whereas
      a lot of time the Nebulas will be more engaging
      writing style or characterization, of course a lot of
      great books win both. <br><br>But do you think it's
      interesting that some authors win many Nebulas w/o ever
      getting a Hugo, while most all Hugo winners have won a
      Nebula as well?<br><br>Greenie
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13, 2003
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...