Re: A Boy & His Dog &Tim Conway

  • ki279
    Message 1 of 4105 , Mar 1, 2001
      Spider,<br> I Loved that film "The Omega Man",at
      least half of it anyway,before it lapses into a James
      Bond runaround.It was a noble attempt at the
      book.Matheson reckons that"I am Legend"would still make a
      decent film;it's still probably the best work of
      paranoia ever written.And I must take off my non-existent
      hat to Charlton Heston.He had the courage to do SF
      movies when they were decidedly unfashionable-Omega
      Man,Soylent Green,and of course Planet of the Apes,all of
      Message 4105 of 4105 , Jun 13 8:41 AM
        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, pfabien wrote:
        > This is a alternate history novel in which
        > everything that we know has been turned upside down. The
        > 1917 communist revolution happened in the U.S. In this
        > world Al Capone is president and dictator.

        Al Capone was the ultimate in so called free marketeering...