Re: [SFC] I have written a science fiction novel series.

  • mjaed
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2013
      [john111t:]

      > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
      > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.

      This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
      like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
      three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
      don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
      fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
      not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
      Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
      As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
      able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
      works rather difficult to read on a screen.

      In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
      ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
      buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.

      Regards,
      Michael Edwards.
    • john111t
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2013
        Thanks for your interest. Book 4, Hunting on the Colony Ship should be available in print form by June 15th of this year. I am now working on a prequel as well as additional sequels.

        JT

        --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, mje@... wrote:

        > [john111t:]
        >
        > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
        > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.
        >
        > This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
        > like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
        > three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
        > don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
        > fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
        > not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
        > Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
        > As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
        > able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
        > works rather difficult to read on a screen.
        >
        > In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
        > ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
        > buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Michael Edwards.

      • john111t
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2013
          I am planning on having all the Colony Ship Eschaton books in print form as well as Kindle. Hunting on the Colony Ship will be in print form in June.

          Thanks