Re: [SFC] I have written a science fiction novel series.

  • mjaed
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2013
      [john111t:]

      > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
      > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.

      This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
      like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
      three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
      don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
      fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
      not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
      Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
      As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
      able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
      works rather difficult to read on a screen.

      In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
      ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
      buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.

      Regards,
      Michael Edwards.
    • mjaed

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2013
          Thanks for your interest. Book 4, Hunting on the Colony Ship should be available in print form by June 15th of this year. I am now working on a prequel as well as additional sequels.

          JT

          --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, mje@... wrote:

          > [john111t:]
          >
          > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
          > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.
          >
          > This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
          > like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
          > three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
          > don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
          > fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
          > not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
          > Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
          > As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
          > able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
          > works rather difficult to read on a screen.
          >
          > In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
          > ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
          > buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Michael Edwards.

        • john111t
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2013
            I am planning on having all the Colony Ship Eschaton books in print form as well as Kindle. Hunting on the Colony Ship will be in print form in June.

            Thanks