I have written a science fiction novel series.

  • john111t
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2013
      Hello everyone,

      I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention. I hope posting here is acceptable, if not please forgive me.

      My first book is called "Recovery of a Colony Ship" by John Thornton

      "Michael and Jamie live in Dome 17. The last place safe for humans, or any life, on a dying earth. They are adventurers who have explored other domes, but everywhere else is dead. Will Dome 17 meet the same fate?

      The committee has a risky plan to try out unproven technologies: a faster than light scout ship, and teleportation. Both technologies have severe limits. Only two people can be carried aboard those FTL scout ships for a one way journey, Teleportation can only work when a receiving pad is at the target location. So can they make both these technologies work to save the last of humanity?

      One hundred years before, the people of earth had built gigantic colony ships with enclosed habitats. They were filled with flora and fauna and people. These ships were launched into space knowing it would take generations to reach other solar systems. Those space pioneers would live out their lives in transition to a new world. But the colony ship program was considered a dismal failure. All of the colony ships were considered lost.

      Will Michael and Jamie travel to one of the colony ships? Will it be a derelict? Or will it be a chance for a new home for humanity?"

      Go to Amazon and check it out under the kindle store, or

      http://www.amazon.com/Recovery-Colony-Ship-ebook/dp/B00B6BRDT8/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359606412&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=recoverying+a+colony+ship

      Book 2 is also available.

      "Exploring the Colony Ship: After Recovery"

      "The Earth is a dry, dead, wasteland. The last place livable was Dome 17, but as it was failing. Those people made a last ditch effort to survive. Through a bold and daring plan, they were able to reach what seems to be a derelict colony ship, The Eschaton which is in mid flight. (Please see book one, "Recovery of a Colony Ship)

      The Eschaton had been designed to hold numerous and diverse immense biological habitats: flora, fauna, and everything needed to terraform a new world. It also carried thousands of people in suspended animation. The ship was designed to be tended by crews who would live out their lives in the journey between worlds. That journey would only be completed after several generations had lived and died while in transit. That was the plan. But something happened......

      The people from Dome 17 have reached The Eschaton, but what will they find in those habitats? What systems are still functioning? Did any of the crew survive? What lurks deep in the bowels of a colony ship?

      Jamie and Michael will learn much more as they Explore the Colony Ship."

      http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Colony-Ship-Recovery-ebook/dp/B00BJ9T5MA/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1361625871&sr=1-1&keywords=colony+ship

      Book 3 is "Unknowns of the Colony Ship"

      "Jamie and Michael continue to discover how vast and unknown is the old colony ship. What things lurk in the biological habitats? What ways will danger appear? Why do some of the artificial intelligence systems seem to work, but others do not? Why are the automacubes not always functioning? Why was a dismembered body through the transport system? Who did that? How will the refugees from Dome 17 interact with the people who were born inside the habitats of the Eschaton? What threats to the very survival of the people exist in the unknown reaches of the Colony Ship Eschaton? And personally, can Jamie and Michael survive these unknown threats?"

      http://www.amazon.com/Unknowns-Colony-Ship-Eschaton-ebook/dp/B00C0EJV22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364359260&sr=8-1&keywords=unknowns+of+the+colony+ship

      Book 4 is "Hunting on the Colony Ship"

      "The giant Colony Ship Eschaton has numerous habitats with animals, plants, and people, all of which should be in balance as it makes its generations long journey to another solar system. One of those people is Tamar, a young woman who was born on-board and is growing up in the town of Media.

      Because of failures in past generations, both human and mechanical, most people born on board the Eschaton do not even know they are inside a colony ship. Technology has been lost, societies have crumbled, and dangers abound. People struggle just to survive.

      Tamar is gifted with machines, but that is not a blessing in the town where she lives. She has a frightful encounter in the night and is forced to flee everything she knows. She hunts for her freedom, and she hunts for answers to who she is.

      She runs away and encounters Michael and Jamie, two of the Dome 17 refugees who escaped the dying Earth and are trying to keep humanity alive in the Colony Ship Eschaton. Jamie and Michael are also hunting for answers about the old ship's systems, and are hunting for keys to unlock its secrets. But some things do not want to be found.

      Someone is also hunting for Tamar. And he is hunting for vengeance."

      http://www.amazon.com/Hunting-Colony-Ship-Eschaton-ebook/dp/B00CGCKN3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366978933&sr=8-1&keywords=hunting+on+the+colony+ship

      Check out these books on Amazon, and each is only $.99 on Kindle.

      The first three books are also available in PRINT FORM for only $7.99 each!

      Thank you for reading my post.
    • mjaed
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2013
        [john111t:]

        > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
        > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.

        This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
        like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
        three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
        don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
        fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
        not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
        Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
        As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
        able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
        works rather difficult to read on a screen.

        In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
        ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
        buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.

        Regards,
        Michael Edwards.
      • mjaed

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2013
            Thanks for your interest. Book 4, Hunting on the Colony Ship should be available in print form by June 15th of this year. I am now working on a prequel as well as additional sequels.

            JT

            --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, mje@... wrote:

            > [john111t:]
            >
            > I am a new author and have written a science fiction series called
            > "Colony Ship Eschaton" and wanted to bring it to your attention.
            >
            > This sounds interesting, John, from the plot summary, and I'd
            > like to get all four books. However, I notice that only the first
            > three books are in a print edition (what I just call "a book"). I
            > don't use a Kindle, so in that case will I be unable to read the
            > fourth book. Generally, I am reluctant to buy a series if there is
            > not a reasonable likelihood of my being able to buy the complete series.
            > Is it likely to be printed in future, if it isn't yet?
            > As a last resort, if I bought the Kindle edition, would I be
            > able to print it out on paper and read it from there? - I find long
            > works rather difficult to read on a screen.
            >
            > In general, are those who predict the demise of books (printed
            > ones, that is) likely to be correct? I desperately hope not - I still
            > buy lots of books, and wish to continue doing so.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Michael Edwards.

          • john111t
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2013
              I am planning on having all the Colony Ship Eschaton books in print form as well as Kindle. Hunting on the Colony Ship will be in print form in June.

              Thanks