Re: Discussion Topic #3 - Stasis Fields

  • John A
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2012
      I think Andre Norton and other SF writers used stasis fields in stories written back in the 60s or 70s. At least one use was by ancient alien civilizations, and these fields preserved ancient tech or information, which our heros somehow unseal and benefit from the contents. And I think that in the Ringworld, the "General Dynamics" hulls were either a form of stasis, or could generate a stasis field long enough to protect the occupants in the event of collision or attack. Finally, stasis fields might be used on "sleep ships" where passengers and perhaps crew are "frozen" during the long lightyears of travel. Conization ships and the like might need stasis or some other means of passing the time along the way.

      --John