Discussion Topic #5 - Should AIs have civil rights?

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 5:29 PM
      At some point we are going to develop something that looks like and acts
      like it is conscious and at least intelligent as we are. Let's assume it
      will pass all the tests and we have created an artificial intelligence.

      Should this AI have civil rights? Should it be able to vote and own
      property?

      I can see that we can get into a lot of discussion over what is meant by
      consciousness and artificial intelligence, as well as what is meant by civil
      rights.

      Chris

      (I reject your reality and substitute my own)