Re: Alcatraz

  • mjbphotos
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      The 'time travel' premise is definitely interesting - I hope they don't blow off the 'reasons behind it all' like happened with Lost.

      Mike B

      --- In sciencefictionclassics@yahoogroups.com, derhexer@... wrote:

      > I've been watching Alcatraz in the Fox network, 9:00PM EST. The premise
      > is interesting.
      >
      > On March 21, 1963, Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco Bay was closed and the
      > prisoners were sent to other prisons. But, as Sam Neill says, "Only that's
      > not what happened. Not at all."
      >
      > All of the prisoners and some of the guards disappeared that night.
      >
      > The series starts in San Francisco, current time, and the prisoners are
      > coming back, unaged. They are committing their old crimes, with some twists.
      > Sam Neill is head of a super secret FBI unit that is trying to find out
      > why and how the prisoners disappeared and stop them. There are a couple of
      > characters working with Neill who were also involved with Alcatraz in the
      > 1960s and haven't aged.
      >
      > Executive producer is JJ Abrams.
      >
      > There is an interesting premise here and it can lead into a good
      > complicated story line. I just hope the Fox network doesn't turn this into a stupid
      > mess the way NBC did with THE EVƎNT.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > (Madness takes it toll. Please have exact change)

    • malcolm williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
        The last episode gave us an interesting glimpse of what might be happening with the keys and the "other" prisoner hidden on Alcatraz so im going to keep watching for now...

        unfortunately Lost had the habit of disappearing up it own backside occasionally so im hoping Alcatraz doesnt get "lost" in its own cleverness
        Wildfire