Help Identifyig a short story/noveltte

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2010
      I hope you can identify this story and the collection it appeared in. The
      hero is a young man in his late 20s/early 30s working for a public
      reactions agency. Years ago this agency was given billions by one of the world's
      quadrillionaires and the agency can survive forever. The quadrillionaire
      gave them the money to find interesting things that can keep the
      quadrillionaire satisfied and interested.

      I was struck by the society in which that could hapen.and how the people
      who met the quadillionaire managed to stand up to him.

      Chris Rohrs
      (No electrons were killed in sending this message, tho billions were
      inconvenienced.)

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2010
        Are you sure it wasn't Joe Haldeman's BUYING TIME?

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2010
          No, it wasn't Buying Time

          Thanks

          Chris