Re: [SFC] Experts: Huge space tourism expansion just months away

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2010
      On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM, <derhexer@...> wrote:

      > URL to an article in CNN
      > _http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/15/space.tourism/index.html?iref=allsearc
      > h_
      > (http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/15/space.tourism/index.html?iref=allsearch)
      >
      > Wouldn't it be ironic if the first permanent residents in orbit are not
      > scientists, but hotel workers for wealthy tourists?

      This reminds me of Fritz Leiber's short story "The Beat Group" where
      peaceful space constructors take over the space military complex since
      they had been used to live in it, rather than pointing Earth will all
      the gunports open. Ironic and witty. A very recommendable lecture for
      anyone.

      ALEUS (It's not at what price we'll have peace, but how far within
      ourselves we must go to live without fear for the sake of fear itself)