Goldin News Network: The Business of Being a Writer

  • Stephen Goldin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2010
      Dear Friends,

      My classic nonfiction work The Business of Being a Writer
      <http://parsina.com/business.html> is gaining new life. Already two of
      its chapters (A Career in Writing
      <http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15371> and Rights and Copyrights
      <http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15401>) have been updated and
      reprinted in electronic formats; more will come as I get the time. If
      you have any aspirations as a writer, this is something not to miss.

      *Theodore Sturgeon* called /The Business of Being a Writer / "the second
      best reference book a writer can have, after the dictionary."

      *Harlan Ellison* said, "It may not make you a better writer, but it will
      keep you from being a poorer one."

      *Isaac Asimov* said, "Thank goodness! I am constantly being asked an
      infinity of questions about the writing business and can never answer
      coherently. Now I will stamp cards with a stamp that says: READ /THE
      BUSINESS OF BEING A WRITER/. IT WILL TELL YOU EVERYTHING, CLEARLY AND
      INTERESTINGLY. Why on Earth didn't he write the book forty years ago
      when it would have done /me/ some good?"

      Stay tuned.

      Stephen Goldin <http://stephengoldin.com>

      If you don't want to receive any more of these occasional newsletters,
      simply reply to this message with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject.

      This list is not being sold to or shared with anyone else.