Hello All!... Heinlein! Art & Writing! Pumpkin Pie!

  • Danielle
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2009
      Hi there! I'm new to the group; I LOVE sci-fi, fantasy & horror, and I LOVE to laugh...
      I'm not too current on new films these days; I tend to wait 6 months or a year and see everything on DVD, even the stuff I'm dying to see... so much good genre film coming out these days, and lately the budget's been a bit tight for goin' to the cinny...
      I have an artist page at
      http://dogknob.com/dxs/
      if you'd like to check out some of my work; I've been painting for 20+ years, and doing digital work for nearly a decade.
      I'm also a writer—but that's a whole 'nother story.
      Currently I happen to be rereading (with great pleasure) Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land—though it's actually a first read of the 1991 Ace/Putnam uncut version, which is almost 50% fatter than the old classic!
      I'm lovin' it... it's been far too long; I missed those characters quite a bit, I find...
      Anyways, just wanted to say hi... hope I'll meet some cool people here...
      Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
    • Aleta
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2010
        Hi. I'm new here, too.

        I love classic SF, although I found Heinlein's YA books more to my tastes than his "adult" books.

        Checked out your art. Lovely work.

        I write SF - space opera mainly, although I dabble in comic horror. My webpage is here http://www.jaletac.com
        Free stories there plus a preview of my novel if you're interested.

        Are you a fan of pumpkin pie, too? I *love* Razzleberry pie.