parallels, soon in robotics

  • wolffwizard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2009
      There is in the news everytime a President is campaigned for
      or a judge under investigation the debate of a woman's
      rights and the proper place of abortion rulings.

      Take for a moment a thought to the intense controversy of
      what it is like, and also what it was like pre-civil war in
      debates over whether "those of color' had rights or were EVEN
      human.

      Then apply these same dictochies and radical positions to
      the battles that shall be waged over Robot rights, whether
      a Robot does not have rights but an Android does and at what
      level of cognition a thinking machine is a robot or an android and
      therefore entitled to rights or self-determination.

      I see these ideas being brushed on in some tv episodes but I
      don't know who has written about them other than Isaac Asimov.

      Wolfwizard