Report: Climate change crisis 'catastrophic'

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2009
      URL to an article in CNN
      _http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/05/29/annan.climate.change.human/index
      .html_
      (http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/05/29/annan.climate.change.human/index.html)

      LONDON, England (CNN) -- The first comprehensive report into the human
      cost of climate change warns the world is in the throes of a "silent crisis"
      that is killing 300,000 people each year.

      More than 300 million people are already seriously affected by the gradual
      warming of the earth and that number is set to double by 2030, the report
      from the Global Humanitarian Forum warns.

      "For the first time we are trying to get the world's attention to the fact
      that climate change is not something waiting to happen. It is impacting
      seriously the lives of many people around the world," the forum's president,
      former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, told CNN.
      Speaking to CNN's Becky Anderson in London on Friday, Annan said the
      migration of people from newly uninhabitable areas presents a security issue
      that needs to be addressed by the United Nations Security Council.
      "This is one of the reasons why I've described climate change as all
      encompassing," he told CNN. "This threat to our health, this threat to food
      production, this threat to security. It raises political tensions, it will have
      people on the move -- and they are on the move -- and many more which will
      bring tensions."
      steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322950x1201367186/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
      MaystepsfooterNO62)

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2009
        So the humans suffer not due to some crazy Deus Ex Machina Cylon but
        due to their own stupidity and short-sightness :(